Old 05-12-2012, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
The Original Jake The Original Jake is offline

Default Best gardening clothes

On Wed, 05 Dec 2012 15:43:30 +0000, rbel wrote:

On Wed, 5 Dec 2012 12:06:00 -0000, Janet wrote:

Something tells me you don't garden in the north :-)

The very thought makes feel quite queasy. In the event that I was
dragooned into living north of the M4 I would take up a more suitable
pastime, such as interior decorating or lion taming (under canvas).

It so happens that I live north of the M4 (east end of Swansea Bay)
whilst Dave H lives south of the M4 (west end of Swansea Bay). This is
despite, if you hold a map properly, the fact that he is more
northerly than I. But the weather north of the M4 here is usually
better than that south of the M4 at the other end.

Lion taming is, however, for wimps. In Wales we tame dragons (when we
have a few minutes to spare). In England, I believe, they call dragons
"wives" and are afraid to ask them to hold a bin bag whilst it is
filled with leaves.

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.