Old 06-12-2012, 11:52 AM posted to rec.gardens
W[_2_] W[_2_] is offline

Default Permanent Digital Moisture Meter for Plants

Does anyone make a digital meter that can be left in a small plant and show
the water saturation of the soil around the roots 24x7? I have played
with the "Thirsty Light" and find it to be inaccurate and toyish:

http://www.amazon.com/Thirsty-Light-...rometer+plants

I find plant moisture meters, but they are intended for occasional use, not
designed to be left in the plant all the time.

I am imaging something that looks like Thirsty Light, but simply reflects a
number 0 to 100% (or whatever scale is most meaningful) to reflect current
water saturation at the depth the probe has been inserted. Then you can on
an ongoing basis try to target particular saturation levels.