Old 06-12-2012, 11:01 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Bird feeding

Sorry, lost previous thread.
I recently sought advice about a bird feeder. Bought a pole which has
two hooks and two holders, one for food, one for wate;, both of those
are very small!
I don't ger many birds and cannot see well enough to identify the
small birds very well.
I bought a peanut holder and a seed holder.
The seeds have gone very quickly but the peanuts have not gone down at
all. which birds eat peanuts, which like seeds?
In my youth I only ever remember putting out bread and hanging
peanuts. but in those days birds were plentiful. Sad how few there are
now.

Pam in Bristol