Old 06-12-2012, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Can anybody identify this tree please

"echinosum" wrote in message
"'Mike'[_4_ Wrote:
;974495"]"Thank you for posting that and starting the thread. My wife,
the gardener in
the house, has fallen in love with it and we are going to see if we can

squeeze one into our gardens somewhere suitable.

Some cotoneasters are horribly weedy, in the sense that they self-seed
everywhere. Presumably the birds help to get the seeds so far spread.

But I have one that is both beautiful and does not appear to self-seed,
or at least not very much, and I believe I did identify it (as well as
one is able with cotoneasters without the microscope etc) as C frigidus,
so that may be a good one to grow.

--
echinosum

Many thanks for that. The birds seem to spread our seed like mad. Holly and
Bay are like weeds in our gardens so maybe we can cultivate a few C frigidus
;-) . or should I say the bird will!!

Mike