Old 06-12-2012, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default Bird feeding

On Thu, 06 Dec 2012 11:01:15 +0000, Pam Moore
wrote:

Sorry, lost previous thread.
I recently sought advice about a bird feeder. Bought a pole which has
two hooks and two holders, one for food, one for wate;, both of those
are very small!
I don't ger many birds and cannot see well enough to identify the
small birds very well.
I bought a peanut holder and a seed holder.
The seeds have gone very quickly but the peanuts have not gone down at
all. which birds eat peanuts, which like seeds?
In my youth I only ever remember putting out bread and hanging
peanuts. but in those days birds were plentiful. Sad how few there are
now.

You may want to look at this illustrated basic feeding guide for some
initial guidance http://www.ernest-charles.com/shop/feeding_guide.pdf

It can take several days for your local birds to get used to something
new. When we swap feeders depending on the time of year there is
always a hiatus before normal activity resumes.
--
rbel