Old 07-12-2012, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default bare root planting delays

On 12/07/2012 01:29 PM, David Hill wrote:
On 07/12/2012 12:27, Emery Davis wrote:
Does anyone have an idea about how long I can go safely before planting
bare root trees? Normally I bung them in as right away, but the snow
and frozen ground are preventing me at the minute.

[]
In the "Old days" they would be put in a shed and covered with old sacks
till you could get them in

Exactly what I've done, just wondering if they can hold a
week/month/whatever on the off chance it stays cold.