Old 08-12-2012, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Kate Morgan Kate Morgan is offline

Default Farmyard Manure

Freecycle is a brilly place to start.
I have had to start bedding our pony on wood shavings as I could not get
small bales of decent straw. It did cross my mind that no one would want
want my muck heap but find a wood shavings muckheap is just as popular as
straw.

kate

It's a long time since I was into horses but don't a lot of people use
wood shavings now? I can't think why they wouldn't be as popular. It
all rots down the same way. ;-)
--
Sacha

yes lots of people use wood shaving now for the same reason as I do and as
you say it rots down just the same :-)