Old 10-12-2012, 11:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore[_2_] Pam Moore[_2_] is offline

Default Bird feeding

On Thu, 6 Dec 2012 16:31:12 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
I don't ger many birds and cannot see well enough to identify the
small birds very well.

What about one of those you attach to the window Pam or a hanging table
which will encourage blackbirds and other bigger birds rather than the
smaller perching birds. You do have to wait a while until they get
accustomed to it though!
On my fat balls and coconuts etc. I get woodpeckers and some smaller
birds.
Janet

Thanks for suggestions (and birthday greetings Janet!)
So far the only birds I've seen are sparrows on the seed feeder, a
blackbird on the ground and a b*** pigeon which keeps eating the food
in trays. The seed gets used most quickly. A week before putting up
the feeder I saw what I think was a flock of long-tailed tits in my
tree but have not seen them since. I did have a robin around a while
ago. it was hopping around in my bonsai trees which are close to my
window. If I get enough visitors I might try a window feeder.
Thanks all.

Pam in Bristol