Old 12-12-2012, 12:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Herbs & spices

On 2012-12-09 00:03:33 +0000, said:

http://gernot-katzers-spice-pages.com/engl/index.html
This useful link was just published in the bread group and I thought it
would be interesting to some here.
Graham

Thanks, Graham! ;-)

Sorry - I hit 'send' too quickly. I was wondering how many urglers are
already growing some of the things on this list. I mean, we probably all
know that ramsons grow wild and were one of the 'fashionable' ingredients
in many chef's dishes earlier this year, but who knew it as Bear's Garlic.
What a lovely name! Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com
South Devon
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

Ramsons or Allium ursinum got the name, or one similar, because someone at
sometime thought the leaves looked like a bear's ears !

I occasionally like to have a few leaves in a sandwich with some ham, but
when I asked the chef at a local restaurant what could be done with them ,
he said "Put them in the waste bin!!"
"One man's meat is another man's .........."

Bill

Obviously a garlic purist. His loss. Keep enjoying those sandwiches!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London