Old 12-12-2012, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Digging for Mr Robin

"john stone" wrote in message
I've been moving the pots around on the patio the last few days in this
frosty weather since there are often worms underneath. He is so keen he is
just pushing me out of the way. After moving these pots a few times there
seems to be no more worms though.

Would it be worth while just having a little dig into the top soil, or
would that be a waste of time bearing in mind the earth here almost solid
due to the near minus temperatures.

I'm told freeze dried mealworms are the way to do, but at a local store
they are £3.50 for a very tiny tub which would not go very far. Grateful
for advice on where to buy them more economically. Thanks.

How about digging in your compost heap? We have millions in ours, but again
you will have to dig deep as the worms have gone deep as well

Mike