Old 13-12-2012, 09:40 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default OT wireless question

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message
I have a problem with wireless devices in the house due to extremely thick
stone walls, knowing this I laid a cable through to the kitchen when doing
work on that recently to give us broadband access in there and that works
fine if we use an Ethernet cable to connect.

Question; is there anything I can plug into that Ethernet switch box which
would give me a wireless signal at that end?

I can't use the gizmos that plug in at either end and use the house wiring
as the kitchen has a differrent circuit and indeed fuse box to the rest of
the house.

I know there would be dedicated groups out there but I have learnt to
trust some of the posters here (and I may not understand the answer on a
more techy site!)

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

Might be a different fuse box, but if they are on the same phase then it
should work.

If you don't have 3 phase supply into the house for your use, then I don't
think you will have a problem

Mike