Old 13-12-2012, 11:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT wireless question

On 12/13/2012 12:29 PM, Charlie Pridham wrote:
I have had a look at the picture but can't see the back of that router,
can I use my existing Ethernet line to supple the signal? my existing
main router has a different plug on the end of the "line in" connection.
and its only the outputs which are Ethernet connections

Yes, I plug a regular RJ45 (ethernet plug) into it. So it's just a jack
cable from your wall outlet.

What I was sort of hoping was I could replace the Ethernet switch with
its 5 ports with a wireless router which also has some ports.

I'm pretty sure there are another 4 ports (i.e. built in switch) but I'm
not local to look at it at the mo.

I don't know if this is the best one for you, I think there are a lot of
them along these lines.