Old 13-12-2012, 11:56 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT wireless question

On 12/13/2012 12:21 PM, wrote:
In article ,
Emery Davis wrote:

It's likely to be a bit beyond most local suppliers, so the easiest
way would be to try and contact the networking people at some
local organisation (e.g. university, some of the largest schools)
and pay them for a little outside work.

It shouldn't take more than 30 minutes for someone who knows what
they're about.

That will depend on how the house connection has been set up by
the broadband provider and/or primary modem, which is why I was
being a bit cautious. In particular, if you want to use TWO
devices using the same wireless point, things are likely to get
'interesting'. While I could almost certainly do that eventually,
it might cause me quite a lot of trouble.

Quite so, and indeed I took the hacker's way out by setting up a
separate network with a single gateway. So the wireless stuff has to
change networks depending on where in the house they are, but that
happens automagically once set up.

Still we agree that it would be useful to have some one who knew what
they're doing -- more than I! -- set it up. I was actually agreeing
that this might be beyond a local shop who just sells PC kit.