Old 13-12-2012, 12:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pete[_9_] Pete[_9_] is offline

Default Tall thin shrub recommendation??

"Sacha" wrote in message ...

I think there might be some confusion here. I didn't recommend Amelanchier
but people who are happy with it did and I made the "Sounds good" remark. I
don't know if will suit the OP's needs. One other thought occurs to me and
that is a Wisteria, grown as a standard. We have 3 on a lawn here and the 2
best flowerers look superb. The oldest is no more than 5' tall after about
5 years and of course, is on a 'trunk' with the branches weeping towards
the ground.

--
Sacha

Well -- I would not call standard wisterias naturally tall and thin,
although
some pruning could assist. (see one of my 20 yr olds ).

http://www.flickr.com/photos/8130344...in/photostream

Very beautiful, but in need of Very strong support. I have had to resort to
guy ropes
a la tent style !

Pete