Old 13-12-2012, 02:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT wireless question

In article op.wo9ej5k3gkcl5l@home1, RG wrote:

It doesn't need to be that difficult Nick.

I am sorry, but I described the situation, and not a solution.

Provided the DHCP settings are correct, the main router will assign local
addresses for all devices on the network, even those connected to the
second router.

And what if the office router insists on a single Ethernet wire having
a single Internet address?

With luck, everything will Just Work. But I am FAR too experienced
to trust anything that is beyond the mainstream requirement without
checking that precise configuration myself - and that means the precise
combination of routers and configurations. Sorry, but modern software
really is that iffy.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.