Old 13-12-2012, 04:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Tall thin shrub recommendation??

On 12/13/2012 02:20 PM, Spider wrote:
I had a lovely Berberis stenophylla once, with that attractive arching
growth, but it wanted to take over the world. Took me ages to dig it
all out! I still admire it in other gardens, but have learnt the lesson.

Ha, I've made the mistake of putting one of these on each side of a 3m
fence gate. They are intent on closing the gap, I have to hack
constantly at them to keep enough room to get the tractor through. So
much for arching shape! (Well they arch on one side, anyway).