Old 13-12-2012, 05:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT wireless question

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 09:40:14 -0000, Mike wrote:

Might be a different fuse box, but if they are on the same phase then
it should work.

The HomePlug devices are designed to work best single ring main, they
*might* work with degraded performance between rings fed from the same
Consumer Unit. What happens if you try and get then to work between two
rings fed from different consumer units is starting to get doubtful.

The consumer units have fuses rather than circuit breakers it mighte be
better. Circuit breakers have coils inside that mess with the RF carrier
signals. And another reason for avoiding HomePlug things is the amount of
broadband RF they radiate from the wiring.

The OP just needs a wireless access point, I see e_Buyer have something
for £9.99:

http://www.ebuyer.com/169923-tenda-w...nt-router-exte
nder-w311r-

Don't know anything about it but seems to get good reviews.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Can it really be that simple!! I hope so

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs