Old 13-12-2012, 06:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT wireless question

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 17:03:55 -0000, Charlie Pridham wrote:

The OP just needs a wireless access point, I see e_Buyer have
something for £9.99:

http://www.ebuyer.com/169923-tenda-w...-access-point-
router-extender-w311r-

Don't know anything about it but seems to get good reviews.

Can it really be that simple!! I hope so

Just plug the AP in (power and your ethernet cable into the WAN port),
find its IP address, enter that into a web browser on computer on the
LAN, login with the defaults from the manual, change the login password
(don't forget it!), configure its SSID and wireless security settings,
check that its DHCP *server* is disabled and that should be it.

The hard bit is probably finding out what IP address the AP has been
allocated. I don't do windows so not sure what tools that has, looking in
the DHCP table of your router will probably give you enough to at least
guess it.

As to the device I found above I *really* do not know anything about it,
the price is what grabbed my eye.

--
Cheers
Dave.