Old 13-12-2012, 09:35 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Phil Cook Phil Cook is offline

Default OT wireless question

On 13/12/2012 12:03, Baz wrote:
RG wrote in newsp.wo858ylfgkcl5l@home1:

Correction!

'
If that's correct then all you need to do is get a second wireless
router, sited in the KITCHEN and feed it with the extension cable.
'
'

That will work. Not exactly wireless.

It will extend the wireless coverage.

I have done similar here in a maisonette built around two reinforced
concrete spine walls. On a good day I get a /very/ weak signal from one
side to the other. I have a wireless enabled computer [1] on the other
side which runs Virtual Router Manager to extend my WiFi. I have it set
up with two different wireless networks, I have different SSIDs but the
same pre-shared key.

There will be no need to set up the second router for internet access
since it will use the first router for that. Just set up the wireless
network.

[1] Connected to the main router by powerline adapters, but could be
ethernet cable if I could be bothered to route it along a very
convoluted skirting board and architrave route.
--
Phil Cook