Old 14-12-2012, 09:06 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacha[_4_] View Post

Ah, Janet! I well recall my utter frustration on my frist visit to
Rosemoor. I rushed into the shop, ready to spend, and was confronted by
a display of plants that could have come from any bog-standard garden
centre. To be fair, I haven't been back for years but that really did
surprise me unpleasantly!
Same as Harlow Carr. I wrote to them about it, and got a polite reply to the effect that it was an aspiration to stock in the garden centre plants that visitors will have seen in the garden. But it was clear that other priorities were higher, and that it won't happen in the foreseeable future.

And while the bookshop is still excellent, even that is reducing its range of plant books.