Old 14-12-2012, 10:00 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default OT wireless question

On Thu, 13 Dec 2012 Charlie Pridham wrote:

The discussion was starting to get a bit technical but it sounds as if
some readers have done what I am wanting to do

Sorry about coming in late to this discussion but I've only just seen
it.

Before I got a wireless router in Reading I had a non-wireless router
into which I plugged a USRobotics wireless access point. In fact that is
the system I still use in France. Over there I use a Siemens router
(used to be called Efficient Networks until Siemens took them over).
There is just one thing plugged into it and that is the USRobotics 5451
wireless access point. That gives us wifi to any computers we bring into
that house. The Siemens router, of course, has DHCP and issues the
access point with an IP number.

It was simplicity itself to set up. Charlie, I think (if I haven't
misunderstood the situation) that your solution should be as easy as
that to set up. Just plug the access point into the end of your
ethernet cable. I think that USR still supply wireless access points - a
quick google brought up a USR 5453.

David

http://rance.org.uk