Old 14-12-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default OT wireless question

wrote in :

In article ,
'Mike' wrote:
"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

I have a problem with wireless devices in the house due to extremely
thick stone walls, knowing this I laid a cable through to the
kitchen when doing work on that recently to give us broadband access
in there and that works fine if we use an Ethernet cable to connect.

I can't use the gizmos that plug in at either end and use the house
wiring as the kitchen has a differrent circuit and indeed fuse box
to the rest of the house.

Might be a different fuse box, but if they are on the same phase then
it should work.

If you don't have 3 phase supply into the house for your use, then I
don't think you will have a problem

"Should" is a bit strong - "might" is better. It will depend on
the electrical properties of the house supply and wiring. While
it would certainly work with appropriate devices, those gizmos
are engineered for the typical house. This sounds like atypical
supply arrangements.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

sigh.
Not your last post.
Stop sighing and give us a real insight into your experiese.

Baz