Old 14-12-2012, 07:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David WE Roberts[_4_] David WE Roberts[_4_] is offline

Default OT wireless question

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 David Rance wrote:

It was simplicity itself to set up. Charlie, I think (if I haven't
misunderstood the situation) that your solution should be as easy as that
to set up. Just plug the access point into the end of your ethernet
cable. I think that USR still supply wireless access points - a quick
google brought up a USR 5453.

No, it doesn't seem that USRobotics do simple access points any more but
if you go to, say, Amazon and search for "wireless access points" you'll
see some by TP-Link from between £20 and £30+.

David

http://rance.org.uk

I have ordered a TP Link router and will let you all know how I get on!

Many thanks for the many helpful bits of advice and enthusiasm to help
from everyone!

Hope this does what you want :-)
Be prepared for potential issues if you intended to share files or printers
between the kitchen and the office.
For Internet access this should do just fine.

Cheers

Dave R

[Not even bunny]

Helmuth von Moltke the Elder