Old 14-12-2012, 10:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance[_6_] David Rance[_6_] is offline

Default OT wireless question

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 David WE Roberts wrote:

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

On Fri, 14 Dec 2012 David Rance wrote:

It was simplicity itself to set up. Charlie, I think (if I haven't
misunderstood the situation) that your solution should be as easy as
that to set up. Just plug the access point into the end of your
ethernet cable. I think that USR still supply wireless access points
- a quick google brought up a USR 5453.

No, it doesn't seem that USRobotics do simple access points any more
but if you go to, say, Amazon and search for "wireless access
points" you'll see some by TP-Link from between £20 and £30+.

David

I have ordered a TP Link router and will let you all know how I get on!

Many thanks for the many helpful bits of advice and enthusiasm to
help from everyone!

Hope this does what you want :-)
Be prepared for potential issues if you intended to share files or
printers between the kitchen and the office.

There should be no problem as long as file sharing is enabled and that's
no big deal.

David

http://rance.org.uk