Old 16-12-2012, 06:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Digging for Mr Robin

The Original Jake wrote in
:

On Wed, 12 Dec 2012 13:21:09 GMT, Baz wrote:

Or just buy a tin of dog food. Surely that would not burst the bank.
I am going to try dog food if it works so well.
Buy and try are my thoughts.

Baz

Hi Baz.

The thing is that once opened, a tin of dog food has to be used
within a couple of days so would, over time, work out more expensive
than meal worms, which would keep for longer. A robin will only scoff
a dessert spoonful a day. And it may be a couple of days before he
realises it's for him (or her).

Cheers, Jake
Urgling from the East End of Swansea Bay where sometimes
it's raining and sometimes it's not.

Yes. My tin has gone a bit off now. I thought it would keep, even after
your warning.
Well at the price of a tin here and there, I couldn't give a monkeys. We
will just have to do what it takes to get a nice bird in the garden.

Baz