Old 17-12-2012, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_] is offline

Default Mystery plant ident.

On Mon, 17 Dec 2012 13:56:43 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

A couple of weeks ago we were trying to identify a couple of plants,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...chinaplant.jpg
is a picture of the one I have.
I had this reply from the RHS today, and it looks as if they have
cracked it.

Dear Mr Hill,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Royal Horticultural Society's Members’
Advisory Service.

Our Botanist James Armitage says the photographs you sent for
identification all appear to be Reineckea carnea,

I hope this information is helpful.

This is a link to more info about the plants.
http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_d911.html

David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay.

It looks like I have one the varieties with small bunches of blue
flowers. It's only flowered once. I'll plant it out later in the
coming year.

Steve