Old 17-12-2012, 03:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Mystery plant ident.

In message , David Hill
writes
A couple of weeks ago we were trying to identify a couple of plants,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...amedchinaplant.
jpg
is a picture of the one I have.
I had this reply from the RHS today, and it looks as if they have
cracked it.

Dear Mr Hill,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Royal Horticultural Society's
Members’ Advisory Service.

Our Botanist James Armitage says the photographs you sent for
identification all appear to be Reineckea carnea,

I hope this information is helpful.

This is a link to more info about the plants.
http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_d911.html

David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay.

It turns out that this is a species which is naturalised near to The
Lizard. It's related to plants like Aspidistra and Convallaria (and more
closely to obscurer genera - Campylandra, Rohdea and Tupistra).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley