Old 17-12-2012, 06:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Mystery plant ident.

On 17/12/2012 17:15, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 17/12/2012 13:56, David Hill wrote:
A couple of weeks ago we were trying to identify a couple of plants,
http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/f...chinaplant.jpg

is a picture of the one I have.
I had this reply from the RHS today, and it looks as if they have
cracked it.

Dear Mr Hill,

Thank you for your enquiry to the Royal Horticultural Society's Members’
Advisory Service.

Our Botanist James Armitage says the photographs you sent for
identification all appear to be http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_d911.html ,

I hope this information is helpful.

This is a link to more info about the plants.
http://www.backyardgardener.com/plantname/pda_d911.html

David @ the damp end of Swansea Bay.

See my original reply of 01/12/12 18:32:03:

"Agreed - we need some info as to the possible source country.

Dense forests, shady and moist slopes, hillsides along valleys;
100--3200 m. Anhui, Guangdong, Guangxi, Guizhou, Henan, Hubei, Hunan,
Jiangsu, Jiangxi, Shaanxi, Sichuan, Yunnan, Zhejiang [Japan].