Old 18-12-2012, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
John Rye[_2_] John Rye[_2_] is offline

Default Feeding birds - rat problem

Hello All

In article ,
Baz wrote:
I am very pleased that we have a nice bird population in the garden now
that we have managed to sort out some nice feed for them.
Snag is that I can see evidence of rats. The birds are messy eaters and
drop lots of suff the rat can scavenge.
Anyone else have this problem? What to do?

Thanks
Baz

May be you need to attract a pheasant. I have a beautiful male that spends a
good part of the day sat on the ground under our bird feeders waiting for the
small birds to drop something. At present I am enjoying watching him. I shall
not be so happy if he turns his attention to my vegetable patch.

John

--
John Rye
Hadleigh IPSWICH England