Old 18-12-2012, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Feeding birds - rat problem

Martin wrote in
:

You know what, John, I can't remember the last time I saw, or even
heard a phesant in the last year or two. They were once very common
here in Lincolnshire. I have heard it said that foxes can be just one
culprit because they like to eat pheasant eggs. Foxes are very common
now here and used to be very rare indeed. I suppose that is a result
of the hunt ban and no predators.

There's no shortage of pheasants in N Yorkshire.

Thats good. But in N.Lincs, we don't see them very often.

Baz