Old 20-12-2012, 01:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback[_4_] Broadback[_4_] is offline

Default demon again (sorry) but an upside!

On 20/12/2012 13:31, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 12:48:46 +0000, Janet Tweedy
wrote:

NOT ON a gardening topic
not on the subject but as an aside I spent 3 and a half hours on a
premium helpline to demon to sort stuff out, they couldn't, not even
from their end. I even scrapped Turnpike to go with Thunderbird like a
lamb when it was suggested, (I'd gone beyond the point of reason by
then).

Spent a whole day to them well 2pm until 9.45pm gave up, I got advised
i was inputting the wrong data, even after the 14th time i had completed
all the settings as they told me to......... Went from incoming random
stuff being bounced or annihilated to outgoing stuff bouncing back, even
on their computers which was quite satisfying after their smug
suggestions..............

At 10.30pm Tom's friend solved it in 10 minutes, it's their new server.
BUT on the upside I LOVE the new Thunderbird, it's great and highly
recommend it to anyone who has to leave Turnpike.

And what's more I have moved the domain name so in the spring I can go
solely with another and cheaper server and Broadband supplier

Hurrah!!

Now all I have to do is figure out how to read this group through TBird
rather than TPike

You cheated. You posted using Turnpike.

As it is Christmas, all is forgiven.

Please don't keep us in suspenders, who is this cheaper server and
broadband supplier? I use a different company for Broadband, web server
and domain name host, so a cheaper solution would be welcome.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.