Old 20-12-2012, 06:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Wet, wet, wet

David Hill wrote in
:

On 20/12/2012 15:35, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 15:20:47 +0000, Broadback
wrote:

On 20/12/2012 12:21, Martin wrote:
On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 09:27:36 +0000, cotula
wrote:

On Thu, 20 Dec 2012 08:33:42 +0000, David Hill
wrote:

Need I say more?
Even by our standards it's wet with a lot more to come in the
next day or so.

Yup - see http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

75-80mm forecast for parts of S England today.

I live just off the A32 a little North of Stone, the water
hereabouts has cause chaos. The A34 is closed so there are no local
buses. What is going to compound, it in the future, is that they are
going to build houses on a floodplain near by, no doubt extra
drainage will be installed, which will move the problem further
downstream!

Building on flood plains should have been banned long ago.

Why?
Just have to build floating houses.

We do, thats why a some foundations are called rafts. The whole structure
moves, rather than part of it.

Baz