Old 21-12-2012, 09:27 AM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Hill View Post
Well I checked our rainfall at 3pm and we have had 1.9 inches in the
last 24 hours.
Earlier this year I was on a geology field trip, and it rained heavily all day - we clocked up 4.2 inches in the 24 hours. I've never been quite so glad to have a complete change of clothes in the car. Since then, heavy rain hasn't seemed quite the same.

But yesterday we were lucky - despite being a cold and miserable day, and having a difficult drive in the morning with water on the roads, the rain eased during the afternoon and water levels got no higher.

I see we have more of the same forecast sometime next week.