Old 21-12-2012, 05:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Wet, wet, wet

On 21/12/2012 09:27, kay wrote:
David Hill;975110 Wrote:

Well I checked our rainfall at 3pm and we have had 1.9 inches in the
last 24 hours.

Earlier this year I was on a geology field trip, and it rained heavily
all day - we clocked up 4.2 inches in the 24 hours. I've never been
quite so glad to have a complete change of clothes in the car. Since
then, heavy rain hasn't seemed quite the same.

But yesterday we were lucky - despite being a cold and miserable day,
and having a difficult drive in the morning with water on the roads, the
rain eased during the afternoon and water levels got no higher.

I see we have more of the same forecast sometime next week.

We have more forecast for tonight and tomorrow, weather warnings for
Sat. Sun and Monday. Lucky us.