Old 22-12-2012, 12:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] damduck-egg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Wheelbarrow wheel puncture repair

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 07:54:56 +0000, usenet2012
wrote:

Imended the use of Slime.

Slime is a wonderful product, expensive but worth every penny IMHO.
One application and we have had no punctures at all in the last 5
years.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Slime-SL-SDS.../dp/B000C11PYW

Ahhh yes, Slime. I've used it in bicycle tyres but my brain didn't
transfer the idea across. Halfords sell Holts Tyreweld but oddly in a
Q&A their staff don't recommend it for wheelbarrows??

http://tinyurl.com/dy5nryt

As a schoolboy 50 years ago I found old fashioned wall paper paste did
a similar thing on my Bike,perhaps it was an idea I should have
followed up but when you are swiping dads decorating material you tend
to keep quiet about it. Saved endless repairs from cycling along a
Devon lanes to school. Only snag was in winter when the mixture would
freeze so the wheels would have a bump at the bottom.

G.Harman