Old 24-04-2003, 06:56 AM
Tiffany

Default "hot" garden soil

It does depend on where you buy it and if they let it cooled or it just was
cooked -Mike
Pat Meadows wrote in message
On Wed, 23 Apr 2003 00:57:05 -0700, "Tiffany"
wrote:

I know that mushroom compost is physically hot when you buy it for up to

2
months..you have to spread it out then spray it down with water..keeps

heat
for a long time -Mike

It wasn't hot when I bought it. It had already cooled down.

I used it - as is - to fill all my containers last year.
Every single thing I planted in it grew wonderfully. This
was about ten different vegetables: I had marvelous results
with every one.

I had the kind of picture-perfect plants you see in
seed-catalog photos, in fact, except for the collards which
were eaten by cabbage worms. I'll cover the brassicas up
with floating row cover or nylon netting this year.

I'm sold on container gardening in general, and on the
spent-mushroom soil in particular.

Pat