Old 23-12-2012, 02:08 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Hill David Hill is offline

Default Best way to boil water on allotment?

On 23/12/2012 13:51, Bill Grey wrote:
"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
news
My brother and his wife have got a fairly new allotment and put up a shed
in October. i was going to get them (for a christmas present) some means
of boiling water so they could have some tea and maybe a light.

Anyone recommend anything please?

Janet

If its just a quick cuppa you want then one of those little gas stoves that
come in a litle carrying case complete with gas cartridge should do nicely.
A tiny capming type kettle will boil quickly.

This is what I use when we get the occasional power cut!

have a look at:-
http://www.buydirect4u.co.uk/portabl...FefMtAodDncAGg

Bill

I use a double burner gas cooker something like this
http://www.blackcountrycamping.co.uk...double-gas-hob
The one I have is in a Cary box and has the cylinder contained in the
same box, got it from Lidl or Aldi.
Advantage is it's stable and you can fry or make toast etc whilst
boiling the kettle.