Old 23-12-2012, 02:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default The end of the world. Maybe.

On Sat, 22 Dec 2012 22:26:39 -0000, Pete T wrote:

Years ago as a Civil Servant I received a Flu Jab as did all of us.
Two of us reacted very badly and consequently never had one since.
Still don't get flu but I feel that it is important what you eat. Eat
healthy and you stay healthy.

Absolute and utter tosh....
You "still don't get flu..." as nothing related to a flu jab you ONCE
had.

Sweeping statement, the chances of getting the particular strain(s) in te
jab(s) that he did have are significantly reduced.

In addition, Flu is a virus and absolutely nothing to do with what you
eat.. you either catch the virus ...or you don't. Simple.

True enough.

Your tosh about diet (insofar as flu is concerned...) is meanginglessly
inaccurate......

Sweeping statement again, the fitter and healthier you are the better
your body will be able to fight the virus. Hence the giving of the jabs
to the "at risk" sections of the population.

But anyone who says they have the flu and are able to get out of bed to
go to the loo is lying. They only have a bad cold. Flu is nasty it lays
you up, as in bed bound, for several days and you'll be weakened for a
couple of weeks.

--
Cheers
Dave.