Old 23-12-2012, 05:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Best way to boil water on allotment?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote

My brother and his wife have got a fairly new allotment and put up a shed
in October. i was going to get them (for a christmas present) some means of
boiling water so they could have some tea and maybe a light.

Anyone recommend anything please?

Depends how safe their site is.
Around here it seems allotment sheds are considered a good source of income
and I always recommend a trailer for the car rather than a shed as you can't
lock it ( they will break into it and damage it) or leave anything in it
anyway, a small trailer is also cheaper to buy, and can be used for carting
manure etc. as well as your tools. If a shed is needed as a place to go to
the loo then build a screen or do what I did and position the compost bins
strategically.

Personally, here, a good thermos flask would be a better bet.

I've mentioned it before but our site never had any problems until all the
"new" gardeners erected sheds, now it's almost like the villains have it
diarised. Another bigger site near here is always getting broken into by the
thieves cutting the posh metal railing fence (costs a fortune to replace)
and still they insist on filling their sheds with nice new goodies to tempt
them again and again.

Rant over!! :-)
--
Regards. Bob Hobden.