Old 23-12-2012, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_6_] Baz[_6_] is offline

Default Best way to boil water on allotment?

"Bob Hobden" wrote in
:

"Janet Tweedy" wrote

My brother and his wife have got a fairly new allotment and put up a
shed in October. i was going to get them (for a christmas present)
some means of boiling water so they could have some tea and maybe a
light.

Anyone recommend anything please?

Depends how safe their site is.
Around here it seems allotment sheds are considered a good source of
income and I always recommend a trailer for the car rather than a shed
as you can't lock it ( they will break into it and damage it) or leave
anything in it anyway, a small trailer is also cheaper to buy, and can
be used for carting manure etc. as well as your tools. If a shed is
needed as a place to go to the loo then build a screen or do what I
did and position the compost bins strategically.

Personally, here, a good thermos flask would be a better bet.

I've mentioned it before but our site never had any problems until all
the "new" gardeners erected sheds, now it's almost like the villains
have it diarised. Another bigger site near here is always getting
broken into by the thieves cutting the posh metal railing fence (costs
a fortune to replace) and still they insist on filling their sheds
with nice new goodies to tempt them again and again.

Rant over!! :-)

I agree with most of what you say. Bob.
Having a shed full of goodies is a bad idea. Almost as bad as having a car
with nickable things in it for all to see.
We don't give in to theives and stop owning cars do we. No, we still have
them, and most of us alarm them and put nickables away.
Cameras are the most successful way today, in the car, homes, sheds,
garages or on the street, used with forensic science. The theif is thinking
twice now that he is more likely to get caught. The more cameras the better
IMO.

Baz