Old 28-12-2012, 12:59 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_12_] Billy[_12_] is offline

Default The Bright Side Of Global Warmth

In article . 131,
Jane Galt wrote:

"David Hare-Scott" wrote :

Keep in mind: Fiscal liberals are liars who teach their children how
to lie.

You know you are dealing with a religious issue when either side cannot
accept that their opposition acts in good faith and must be liars. But
this is how the climate change debate is conducted in the USA. Pile on
as much emotion and as few facts as possible, a tale told by an idiot,
full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Happy Solstice.

Has nothing to do with the fact that government FUNDED weather organizations
were lying with their data, we may actually be entering a period of global
cooling, and the climate has been changing for billions of years!

In fact there were periods in Europe when thet couldn't even grow crops and
were all starving, BEFORE modern carbon emissions!

I don't remember seeing you in the group before, welcome.

Just a note. If you want to assert something is a fact, you can buttress
it with a citation indicating where it can be found, and what
authorities support it.

For example:

http://scienceprogressaction.org/int...lobal-warming-
should-you-trust-the-wall-street-journal-or-chevron-exxonmobil-and-the-de
fense-department/

As of January 2012, several of the major global petroleum producers have
publicly acknowledged the negative effects of greenhouse gases on
Earthıs atmosphere and undertaken steps to reduce CO2 emissions. Below
are a few quotes directly copied from their websites:

BP: ³Current forecasts underscore the size of the climate change
challenge. BPıs analysis suggests that CO2 emissions could rise by at
least 27% by 2030, despite expected tightening in global climate policy.
Even assuming that more aggressive policy changes are enacted, carbon
emissions are likely to rise by up to 9% by 2030. We support policies
that we believe can address climate change while also making it possible
for society to meet growing demand for secure and affordable energy.²

ExxonMobil: ³Rising greenhouse-gas emissions pose significant risks
to society and ecosystems. Since most of these emissions are
energy-related, any integrated approach to meeting the worldıs growing
energy needs over the coming decades must incorporate strategies to
address the risk of climate change.²

Chevron: ³We recognize and share the concerns of governments and the
public about climate change. The use of fossil fuels to meet the worldıs
energy needs is a contributor to an increase in greenhouse gases
(GHGs)‹mainly carbon dioxide (CO2) and methane‹in the Earthıs
atmosphere. There is a widespread view that this increase is leading to
climate change, with adverse effects on the environment.²
----

The article also mentions that the DoD is also preparing for global
climate change.
----

OK folks, start your grow lights, and get to gardening.

--
Welcome to the New America.
or