Old 30-12-2012, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Phone problems

On Sun, 30 Dec 2012 12:36:45 -0000, Mike wrote:

Dave that was a brilliant explanation and it sounds to me as if you are
a BT Engineer.

No a Broadcast Engineer working in sound, so years ago would be
connecting lines to BT blocks for programme and communications on live
outside broadcasts. These days it's either fibre (BT turn up with their
own van to interface between the truck and the fibre) or satellite. I
also have a curious mind and like to know how things work, at least at a
basic level.

Any relation to a Bill Liquorice I worked with on the then GPO in
Leicester in the 60's?

Not that I know of. My late father was the Leading Draughtsman at the
GPO/BT factory Fordrough(sp?) Lane in Birmingham until he retired in the
late 80's.

--
Cheers
Dave.