Old 30-12-2012, 05:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Phone problems

"David Hill" wrote in message
I posted about the problem I had with my phone over Xmas, internet OK but
the phone was dead.
Well BT found a line fault away from the property and fixed it without a
home visit, so I still don't know how half the line was working and the
other half dead.
David @ the wet and windy end of Swansea Bay

Just be glad it didn't cost you. I had a fault on my phone and because it
was nearly new I was confident it would not be my handset. To be fair they
did warn me that if it wasn't them it would cost me £125 to come out. It
wasn't them and it cost me £125. I jumped on my nearly new phone and then
put it in the bin.
It was a BT phone with answering machine.
It became an ex-phone.