Old 01-01-2013, 02:17 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden,misc.rural
Guv Bob[_2_] Guv Bob[_2_] is offline

Default Identifying Mushrooms

"Frank" wrote in message ...
On 12/30/2012 9:13 AM, (PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per Guv Bob:
..front yard mushrooms ... how to tell if they are edible or not?

Google "mushroom poisoning california".

Personally, I wouldn't take the chance.

I agree. They look like the edible kind but experts say mistake leads
to most mushroom poisoning.

Lot of mushroom houses where I live and mushrooms are cheap.

Yes, that nursing home story is very sad. This is the story I remember a few years ago. If it's risky for this fellow it's too risky for a novice.
http://articles.latimes.com/2009/mar...al/me-poison12.