Old 01-01-2013, 03:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT Phone problems

"Baz" wrote in message
"Christina Websell" wrote in
:

"David Hill" wrote in message
I posted about the problem I had with my phone over Xmas, internet OK
but the phone was dead.
Well BT found a line fault away from the property and fixed it
without a home visit, so I still don't know how half the line was
working and the other half dead.
David @ the wet and windy end of Swansea Bay

Just be glad it didn't cost you. I had a fault on my phone and
because it was nearly new I was confident it would not be my handset.
To be fair they did warn me that if it wasn't them it would cost me
£125 to come out. It wasn't them and it cost me £125. I jumped on my
nearly new phone and then put it in the bin.
It was a BT phone with answering machine.
It became an ex-phone.

Years ago I ditched BT and switched to NTL, later to become Virginmedia.
They are not perfect, but the telephone and broadband are almost
faultless,
its the customer services I don't like very much on the rare occasion I
have needed them over the last 13 years. I have never been charged any
money for anything other than the monthly, which is £41.26 for TV,
broadband(20mb) and telephone (calls to mobiles 250 mins/month)

Hope thats helpful
Baz

That's way above. My TV is free except for the license, and my cousin pays
for my broadband as a permanent birthday present. I'm traditional. BT do my
phone, I get my gas from British Gas etc. I cannot be bothered about
switching to get the best deals and then switching back to find another.
I would not dream of paying £41.26 month although I know Virgin Media
provide a whole lot of more TV channels.
My aunt has it but she doesn't like not to have the 1471 to find out who
just called if she missed it.