Old 02-01-2013, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stuart noble stuart noble is offline

Default Potatoes for roasting.

On 01/01/2013 23:35, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 23:20:05 -0000, Bob Hobden wrote:

My wife does roast potatoes superbly, light golden colour, crisp and
soft inside.

Just like SWMBO'd produced this year with supermarket potatoes...

I was instructed to buy Maris Piper which I did. The variety of spud in
"White Potatoe" bags from supermarkets can vary from week to week and may
or may not be variety that roasts well...

There is no telling what they will taste like either. Same with the
local farm shop. Maybe there's an FAQ for spuds somewhere?