Old 02-01-2013, 10:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Potatoes for roasting.

"Sacha" wrote ...

Dave Liquorice said:

Bob Hobden wrote:

My wife does roast potatoes superbly, light golden colour, crisp and
soft inside.

Just like SWMBO'd produced this year with supermarket potatoes...

I was instructed to buy Maris Piper which I did. The variety of spud in
"White Potatoe" bags from supermarkets can vary from week to week and may
or may not be variety that roasts well...

http://www.potato.org.uk/

Thanks Sacha but I have books on potato varieties and their uses.
Once again it is not the cooking or the variety that is the problem. Even
the baking potatoes we bought leached out some horrid brown liquid which we
have never experienced before.
It does appears from comments this is a problem restricted to this area,
perhaps that's why there are three brands of frozen roast potatoes in our
Sainsburys.

--
Regards. Bob Hobden.