Old 02-01-2013, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default christmas presents good and bad

On 31/12/2012 12:08, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Well I asked for a large bos bag to take stuff down to the tip, what i
got was a roll of very thick bin liners
I asked for a pair of Darlac snips which I love - what i got was a
secateurs set by Kew gardens which you can hardly squeeze and I haven't
got a week grip!!
I asked for a pair of those Golden RHS approved gardening gloves, got
them but with security lump of plastic still on palm. (Got receipt as
well so got to take them all the way back to the Bicester Wyevale to get
the tag taken off.)
I asked for flexitie - i got two packets of those awful plastic tie sets
which you pull one end through the hook on the other end, they have
little barbs on them to make them stay tight.

sigh ..............................

still on a brighter note and not asked for I got some lovely fleece for
plants, a lovely craghoppers wooly jacket thing and a very handy hand
spray for plants plus packets of seeds and some tokens!!

What did you get?
can we have a swap list ?

I always get my RHS membership from RG each year, which is a great
all-year present. He also gave me some lovely earrings :~). They won't
keep my ears warm, but I love them. Also got a book of suduko killer
puzzles, which I find irresistible.

From close friends (as a joint present), I got two owl ornaments. I
collect them for my 'owl shelf', so really chuffed about that. Also got
a Thomas Kinkade jigsaw puzzle. Did that over Christmas:~).

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London