Old 02-01-2013, 03:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default christmas presents good and bad

On 02/01/2013 15:44, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Spider wrote:

On 31/12/2012 17:39, Chris Hogg wrote:

Ah, you have the wrong approach! Within our family, we buy our
presents ourselves, then hand them over to the person who's going to
give them to us, and unwrap them on Xmas Day with exclamations such as
"just what I wanted!" and "how did you know I wanted that?". All a
complete fraud of course, but better than asking for something,
expecting it, and then not getting it.

We do something similar, but with a few surprises thrown in for good luck!

If you use www.BoxedUp.com you can create a wish list and others
can, unknown to you (provided you check the right box) reserve
them. This can, depending upon it being operated correctly,
provide you with some of the items you have specified, and avoid
duplications.

Chris

Clever idea, but I'd be a little worried about it going the wayn of
facebook and other social sharing sites. Call me a nervous ninny, but
I'd rather drop hints .. or buy my own present!

--
Spider
from high ground in SE London