Old 03-01-2013, 02:20 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Pavel314[_2_] Pavel314[_2_] is offline

Default Romanesco Broccoli Update

Back in 2009, my wife grew some Romanesco Broccoli, as I posted on this group. It had great taste and texture in addition to a very interesting, fractal shape:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romanesco_broccoli

We haven't been able to grow it since then. The plant grows but it doesn't head. The other varieties of broccoli put out a good crop, but these seem to be a one-hit wonder. Has anyone grown these successfully? Do you use any special techniques to get them to head?

Paul